The ASU 5.1B ECO2
kit provides enhancements and corrections for
problems found in the ASU Version 5.1B ECO1
software, and in earlier versions of the ASU
Some of the corrections in the ASU Version 5.1B
- Samba version 2.2.8a and below clients can
now use the 'smbpasswd' command to join a domain
in which the ASU server is the PDC.
- The ASU server times out if it does not get
a response from the PDC after a default timeout
period of 30 seconds. This prevents the ASU
server from hanging.
- The ASU server can share the server sessions
table among the nodes of a cluster. This avoids
"Unexpected error during logon" errors.
- The ASU server running on a TruCluster
Server no longer crashes if
- A user disconnects from the ASU server
while the applications are running.
- A file is accessed while a share is
- Users can now access their resources on an
ASU member server if the Active Directory
Migration Tool (ADMT) is used to migrate their
accounts from a Windows NT domain to a Windows
- ASU server can now be a member server to a
Windows 2003 domain.
ASU Version 5.1B ECO2 Release Notes for a
complete list of new features, functionality,
and corrected problems.
Install the ASU
Version 5.1B ECO2 software on a system running
the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F or higher operating
system software. The ASU Version 5.1B ECO2
software can be used to
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX
system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade
PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX
(Advanced Server) to ASU. See the
ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for
information on how to upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL
UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU.